How does Invisible Pain affect your public life?

1. LopezUnleashed profile image85
    LopezUnleashedposted 5 years ago

How does Invisible Pain affect your public life?

When in need of assistance in public how do you handle it?  Do you use a motorized cart at the store?  Do you troll the parking lot looking for the closest possible space, even it means waiting 10 minutes?  Do you ask for help even it will look "odd"?  How can others make a difference?

2. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

When one suffers from back pain, knee pain and other pains that occur as one grows old, the way I do, one must move forward, as if the pain does not exist in order to have an active public life. A young, female person, such as yourself, may suffer from certain pains, especially at critical times of the month, that are hard to ignore. Sometime medications may be used to help with this pain. Sometimes "folk" remedies may work for you. Naturopathic doctors and DCs have their own approaches for dealing with pain that can be very effective. By the way, all pain is "in the sense that only the person suffering from the pain can feel it, or experience it." Pain is "subjective." It cannot be seen, directly by observers, outside of the patient, herself or himself.
    Very good question.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

3. LopezUnleashed profile image85
    LopezUnleashedposted 5 years ago

Thank you for your response.  My question was not in reference to feminie issues that might cause pain, but to illnesses that cause chronic continuous pain.  And I must respectfully disagree that all pain is invisible. A woman in labor clearly has pain written all over her face. A person with back or knee issues can appear to be in pain upon standing, or as they walk around.  Pain is not always invisible. If you are around a person enough you can even tell by the way they carry themselves, or the glaze over their eyes that they are in pain.  A stranger at the store may not be able to pick up on these small cues, so to them, it would be invisible.

working