jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What was the last new thing you tried in your life and how did it affect you?

1. jeffreymaskel profile image72
    jeffreymaskelposted 4 years ago

What was the last new thing you tried in your life and how did it affect you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8391542_f260.jpg

2. Steel Engineer profile image90
    Steel Engineerposted 4 years ago

I asked a question on Hubpages. I asked if people had read the book "Dreams from my REAL Father", an expose on the fact that Barack Obama's father is really super-communist Frank Marshall Davis, not BHO, the first. I included a picture of all three men. POTUS #44 and FMD look like kin. BHO II and BHO I don't look much alike at all.

Hubpages emailed me and cancelled the question saying "it encourages a discussion, and not a short answer or hub."

That is the stupidest thing I ever heard. So far, every question I have seen encourages discussion.

I concluded that HP is not unbiased, and are protecting Obama. Think about it- a hub is recommended to have a minimum 750 words. That is a discussion, friends.

I still see HP as the best vehicle for creating inbound marketing to sites. But, I was more than a little miffed to get that email, and the poor wording. Ugh.

jeffreymaskelposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't feel like this is a very good answer to this question.  Did you perhaps mean to answer a different question and by accident answered this one?

2. Steel Engineer profile image90
      Steel Engineerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Jeffrey, At the time, answering a question on Hubpages was the last new thing I tried. It affected me by making me a bit miffed. It is exactly appropriate.

3. kknde profile image61
    kkndeposted 4 years ago

The last new thing I tried is to write my own blog. And now I Like to write on the blog.
    How was my life changed? First of all from the posts I write, I realize more about me, and I find more answers for myself. And with each new post I have new ideas for new posts.

4. CreeViking profile image90
    CreeVikingposted 4 years ago

I'm always trying new things. It's how I keep life interesting

Last summer I took up Fishing. May not seem like much but it turned out to be very enjoyable and relaxing and now it is a staple activity in my life that I do every weekend.

I took up fly fishing when I moved to Colorado.  Never liked it since my step father did it all the time.  On my own accord however...

2. CreeViking profile image90
      CreeVikingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Living in Canada gives me the opportunity to try Ice Fishing for the first time this winter. Got my Skidoos tuned up and ready to go. Just need some ice now

5. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 4 years ago

I sold hand-crafted herbal products and other crafts at a local Farmer's Market this summer.  I found out that Farmers' Markets, as opposed to Craft Fairs, are so much more fun to participate in, even though people were there mostly to buy produce. 
    Because this market was just breaking out into allowing crafters to sell this year, I think it made me a better person by making me 1) learn how to be somewhat gracious and patient with the process of getting customers used to the presence of other types of vendors, 2) learn how to encourage people to approach my wares without pressure, and 3) learn not to be jealous of produce vendors' success.
    I was able to get to know some other vendors quite well on a friendly basis and because of that I ended up having a blast and am looking forward to seeing them again next summer.

This is great to hear!  We have a great Farmer's Market here in Boulder.  I don't recall ever seeing crafts there though.  I feel like as long as they were the right type of crafts it would be a great idea.

working