jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What diets I use for Body Building?

1. tabrezrocks profile image51
    tabrezrocksposted 5 years ago

What diets I use for Body Building?

I have been looking for tips on what to eat in order to help build muscle. A lot of the stuff I find is for body builders or people who are able to eat several meals throughout the day.

2. BlissfulWriter profile image70
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Eat high quality protein at every meal.  It does not need to be a lot, but it needs to be above 30 grams of protein at each meal in order to reach the threshold to trigger   the body to build lean body mass.  Ideally spread this protein out into three meals or more per day.   Examples of quality protein are meats, fish, eggs.  Animal proteins are usually complete proteins -- which mean they contain all the essential amino acids.  Plant proteins are not complete proteins.   Read the difference between animal and plant proteins here: http://blissfulwriter.hubpages.com/hub/ … al-Protein

1. tabrezrocks profile image51
      tabrezrocksposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your answer but what about oxidation process, which produces free radicals that very dangerous for our body.

2. BlissfulWriter profile image70
      BlissfulWriterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sugar (such as sodas and processed foods) and omega-6 fatty acids (such as deep fried foods and vegetables oils) are inflammatory foods and hence increases oxidation process.

3. FreeFly07 profile image60
    FreeFly07posted 5 years ago

I agree with BlissfulWriter...the best sources of protein are meats, fish, eggs and also milk and derivative products. In order to avoid the oxidation process and free radicals you should also consume fruits and vegetables every day!

4. Roberto Liccardo profile image59
    Roberto Liccardoposted 3 years ago

Important to add on here: eat A LOT!
    If your goal is to gain muscles eat every 2 3 hours and not less than 2800 calories per day. Still regularly check mirror and weight scale if the diet fits for you: lower calories if you are gaining fats, increase if you don't see any fat accumulating.

working