What moves or touches you most deeply?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Emanate Presence profile image69
    Emanate Presenceposted 11 years ago

What moves or touches you most deeply?

2. cam8510 profile image93
    cam8510posted 11 years ago

What moves me most deeply is observing someone give their full heart to something they love.  My son and I were watching some youtube videos last night.  One young woman, actually just a girl, was riding in competition.  Her father had passed away just 24 days prior.  She road her horse without a bridle or saddle.  The horse performed flawlessly and so did she.  To end her performance, she stood on her horses back and raised her arms to encourage the spectators to cheer more loudly, and they did.  I won't say I had tears streaming down my face, but I had to make sure my adult son didn't see his old man's eyes watering just a bit.

Emanate Presenceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very touching. Thanks for sharing.

3. nisargmehta profile image65
    nisargmehtaposted 11 years ago

Seeing a Human helping other or hurting other. Helping part's good but the other one makes me think, have we really evolved?

True.

4. ananceleste profile image60
    anancelesteposted 11 years ago

When estranged families come together. When strangers become heroes. When someone learns to forgive. When someone overcomes obstacles. When language and nationality  means nothing when two people find a common ground,love. Maybe I just celebrate when people break walls of indifference in order to love another.

Marvelous answer.

5. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

Someone who totally believes in who they are and truly live their lives to the fullest without worry of judgement from others.

Excellent.

6. jaydene profile image59
    jaydeneposted 11 years ago

families healing riffs, forgiveness.  Having the courage to take risks, and succeed.
      any act of selfless love towards another

Yes, I feel the same.

7. Emanate Presence profile image69
    Emanate Presenceposted 11 years ago

It has been a surprise at times to be moved to weeping during a movie or lately while watching reruns of The Waltons, a tv series from the 70s. A recent episode told the story of a Jewish family who came to America just before war broke out, after being persecuted in Germany. I wept during the telling of the hatred of their fellow man towards them. And again with the Waltons showing forgiveness, compassion and understanding when their first attempts to befriend the German family were misinterpreted and rejected. I was touched by Granny saying that the Jewish faith was not so different from the Baptists, and the Waltons gathering for the Bar Mitzvah of the boy who turned thirteen.

I was moved by a YouTube video of a young man who went through his extreme nervousness and fears to sing 'The Rose' in an outstanding performance to a large audience. And to re-read the account of a man who passed the life rope to his fellow passengers when their plane when down in the icy Potomoc and then drowned - a story re-told in one of my hubs.

Even animated movies have touched me when characters show wisdom or courage. So it seems there is a certain quality, a human factor as others have answered, being moved by suffering imposed by cruelty or ignorance -- and by the nobility of the human spirit to rise above personal limitations or circumstances.

1. cam8510 profile image93
      cam8510posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is good to know that in a world that has a good deal of cynicism, we are still able to be moved at such a deep level by all of these stories.

8. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

Okay, sharing first. This author, being 'me' as 'I' am moved to answer the question being two parts and not one.

What moves 'you' most deeply? Her with or without 'me.'

What touches 'you' most deeply? Metaphorically and a product of 'now . . .'

Siting pondering, wondering, asking of self I seek of gnosis,
    Discomfort, uncertainty, silence answers with out gnosis.

Sensing a thought, a gentle breeze is felt, its coolness answers,
    Lost is found, direction offered, a choice becomes toward or away.

The another offers alternative, why not, well lets just say,
    Allow that gentle breeze to speak, moving neither or nor, just stay.

A fourth is asked, protocol of all things, maybe more like the Corps,
    Stillness is always before and after, of all things, and then Her poetry . . .

A gentle breeze of beauty. Poetically written, keen insights.

9. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 11 years ago

Firstly: I remember being very young, waiting by the window for my father to come home. I saw him walk towards the house and I waved enthusiastically - he didn't wave back. I thought there was something wrong. As he got closer he smiled to me, but I saw that he'd been weeping. I remember thinking that if something was so painful that it made my father weep then it must be real pain. I never asked him the cause of his sadness that day, but even now, knowing full well how we men bear our emotional pains so staunchly, when I see a man weep, I'm reminded of my father and of the immense pain that lies behind those tears.

Secondly: I have one child, a son, now 20. He lives life to the full and he is everything I could have hoped to be myself as a young man. He is a wonder to me and I feel immense gratitude that he's part of my life, my flesh and blood - my pride never ceases and he moves me deeply by just being himself.

Thirdly: If ever I feel a little down, or frustrated or lost or worried, I go stand on my balcony and gaze up at the night sky. That immensity of time and space and wonder is so overpowering it never fails to put things in perspective for me. The stars are there every night for free and they speak directly to my heart, my mind and my soul.

What a gift. No words. Thank you.

10. Beata Stasak profile image78
    Beata Stasakposted 11 years ago

The human touch of kindness, selfless help and generosity
    the sadness the human cause to each other
    the cry of desperation and never drying tears..

The touch of wind, the salty taste of wave
    the view from the top of the world
    a beautiful tree or sunset near the ocean
    the natural beauty all around me
    and the desolation we often bring
    to this place
    in the name of the progress
    to fullfil our greed.....

I have to say honestly that your words move me. For my personal taste, I would not end it on the word greed, but leave it on a high note of another way, another choice. That of course is my personal philosophy. I appreciate your sensitivity.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)