jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you picked out your funeral music?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Have you picked out your funeral music?

Have you planned the music for your funeral yet? If so what songs have you picked?

2. Stickypony profile image76
    Stickyponyposted 5 years ago

No and I don't think I ever will. I'm just going to hope that my family and friends pick something that they think I would have liked

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No. I could care less since I will be gone. I know my family will choose something appropriate.

4. innerspin profile image93
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

I heard of someone who had, "Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye," played, made the mourners smile. " Que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be, " is quite tempting, or, " Why worry, be happy."

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I haven't picked out a particular piece to be played but I have picked out the "10 Albums I Want Buried With Me When I Die," which is sort of like a morbid version of the old "Desert Island Discs" game.

6. billd01603 profile image87
    billd01603posted 5 years ago

I'm a big Springsteen fan. He has an acoustic  song called "Across the Border" that would be appropriate.

My wife jokingly says she would like "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" played at her funeral

7. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I am very non traditional so I picked out three for my husband to play. Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird, Staind's Tangled up in You, and Shinedown's Shed Some Light.

8. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Despite the fact that this seems a bit maudlin......I can tell you that there'll be no funeral in my case, since I am a body donor (my body is donated to the University, in the interest of Science/Study of Anatomy and Human disease).....Hopefully, my family will fulfill my wishes and hold a "Celebration of my Life"..Memorial service...and play all the music they know I always loved........The End.