jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Vitamins Should I Take For A Cold?

1. PhoenixV profile image79
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. vnsatakopan profile image71
    vnsatakopanposted 5 years ago

There is no cure for cold. No vitamin is going to improve the situation. A cold is more of a nuisance you have to put up with. It will go away by itself after three days.
    The scientific basis for the use of vitamin C to counter cold has not been established.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image90
    Alphadogg16posted 5 years ago

You can take Vitamin C, Zinc lozenges or Echinacea, all have been linked to treatment for a cold.

4. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

A cold is caused by a virus so any amount of vitamins will make no difference to the cold at all, if what the scientists tell us is true! There are ways to strengthen your immune system which may help you avoid colds in the future but that is pure speculation because a virus can turn up anywhere anytime and, according to the scientists, be slightly different from the last cold virus you had, so you'll still get the cold!

Perhaps, at the end of the day, if you increase (say) your vitamin C or B you'll feel better about having a cold and the cold might disappear quicker?!?

I wish you good health whatever vitamin you take.

5. sallieannluvslife profile image86
    sallieannluvslifeposted 5 years ago

If you just feel a cold starting to come on, take Zicam immediately - they are zinc tablets and really do work wonders to rid your body of the cold....You can also take kelp caplets (100 percent natural), drink hot herbal teas and get plenty of sleep.

working