jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What 'Personal and Spiritual Development' questions would you respond to in a f

1. Emanate Presence profile image76
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

What  'Personal and Spiritual Development' questions would you respond to in a forum thread?

First, not to assume anything - would you be interested in participating in ongoing discussion about topics such as 'How is it possible to know absolute reality?' If you *could* be interested, what questions would you respond to in a forum dialog? As an aside, there is opportunity to comment more on your 'Personal and Spiritual Development' beliefs in the question 'What are your beliefs?' now playing.

2. That Grrl profile image58
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

I don't have time for long forum threads. I gave up reading anything with over 20 or so replies. The political and religion threads are the worst for people going off half-cocked. I don't need to prove anything or sell anything so I just pass them by. I do enjoy a real conversation about philosophy, religion and politics - just not here.

Emanate Presenceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is to understand. I also was not attracted to what I saw in the political and religion threads. But... have read some very interesting viewpoints here in the Personal Development Q and A section and feel that longer dialog could be rewarding.

3. ESPeck1919 profile image95
    ESPeck1919posted 5 years ago

For me, it'd depend on the environment provided. When slurs, sarcasm and insults are thrown around, I tend to turn away.

However, I'd be willing to reply about HOW people have come by their current beliefs. Another interesting option might be "How would you summarize your basic beliefs in three sentences or less?"

Well, I don't want to steal your question, but it is a good one. Mine might not have been so interesting - 'What do you believe?' - but it is still playing if you would be up for responding. Or, comment on my new hub, 'What do you believe and why?'

4. Globetrekkermel profile image76
    Globetrekkermelposted 5 years ago

I have read some of the religious and spiritual forum threads here in HB and I stay away from it because it seem to be a battleground of who is right and who is wrong.My beliefs and my spirituality is personal matter and as far as I am concerned , I don't need to explain,justify or defend it nor involve others with it. My relationship with my Source ,my God  ,my Allah, whatever He is called cannot be explained with words let alone throwing expletives to others  in trying to justify or defend it.It is HE and me and he is my experience, that's it. I am bewildered how people can argue,talk and fight about their spiritual beliefs when I know through personal experience that this is a subject beyond explanation or proof. It is  either you believe and trust or you don't. That should settle the matter right there.

Yes, to understand. In general the forum discussion in mind would probably be off site and with some upfront understanding of forum behavior, and with a facilitator / moderator. Personally I would not give up the benefits of discussion.

5. elenagarcia profile image76
    elenagarciaposted 5 years ago

Beliefs are a means to an end therefore, I adapt my beliefs to what is needed for the situation at the time.  I am a Catholic Christian so I do my best not to stray from that structure, however, I have to accept the fact that it is sometimes necessary to step out of my box.  When we can remove the boundaries that have been placed upon us or that we have placed upon ourselves, we can broaden ourselves.

Well said. Thanks.

working