jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I had a filling yesterday, my tooth is so sensitive today, is this ok?

1. Mrs Jil Manning profile image81
    Mrs Jil Manningposted 5 years ago

I had a filling yesterday, my tooth is so sensitive today, is this ok?

i had some decay drilled out of my tooth yesterday and a deep cavity filled.  when the anaesthetic wore off it HURT! the pain has dulled now but its sooo sensitive..is this ok? will it get better or do I have to return to the dentist (i'm such a coward I really don't like going to the dentist)

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I hate going to the dentist too and it has progressed to the point where I really even hate having my teeth cleaned.  It isn't a bad experience, I just have developed a phobia.  But that aside, a quick call to your dentist will let you know if this is normal or not.  May need an antibiotic but it would be nice to have it treated rather than end up with a root canal.  Good luck.

Mrs Jil Manningposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou Duffsmom! Her office is closed tomorrow so it has a day to settle down then I will have to call on thursday...I don't want toothache over Christmas. I think the dread of it is worse than the actual visit most times!

3. safiq ali patel profile image73
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

Yes. But if in a weeks time you still have the same problem with your tooth you should ask for another appointment with the dentist and ask for a re examination of the tooth.

4. Mrs Jil Manning profile image81
    Mrs Jil Manningposted 5 years ago

just a quick update...two days down the line and the pain and sensitivity have settled right down, fingers crossed all is well.  Thanks for your input guys!

Mrs Jil Manningposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Here's another update!  It didn't completely settle, and developed into intense periods of pain.  On Christmas Eve, one week after the original filling, I had the tooth removed.  It was not infected, but the nerve was dying due to the large filling..

working