jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Based on your family experience, what should we do to improve health care in Am

1. gags3480 profile image71
    gags3480posted 5 years ago

Based on your family experience, what  should we do to improve health care in America?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

In my opinion, the most prohibitive aspect of American health care is the cost. From services to prescriptions, it's no wonder that the average American struggles to find affordable insurance. If we could lower the financial aspects of health care, more people would have easy access to it.

1. gags3480 profile image71
      gags3480posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree with you

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

The cost of things is way out of proportion.  We are lucky enough to have good insurance right now and even with that, after a surgery or ailment, we are left with 20% which can still be thousands of dollars.  My husband had a partial knee replacement and the hospital bill alone was over $30,000.

How can people without insurance even hope to take care of their health.  Insurance rates are sky high.  Our insurance premium is about $1400 a month and thankfully is covered by my husband's disability insurance but if not - no way could we afford it.

It isn't enough to demand, or legislate the people have insurance, the cost of premiums reflect industry costs.  The costs of hospital stays, doctor visits, prescriptions, etc. has got to drop down to be in line with our incomes.

What's the answer? I wish I knew.

1. Georgie Lowery profile image93
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is it exactly. I have insurance, but can't go to the doctor because I can't afford my 20% co-pay on top of my premuim. My issues aren't life-threatening, but I couldn't go even if they were.

working