jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Do people have bucket list anymore or do we just live each day as it comes?

1. profile image56
    shorty72posted 5 years ago

Do people have bucket list anymore or do we just live each day as it comes?

2. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

It's funny that you should ask that, because I just helped my son write up a "bucket list" 4 days ago (at his request). :0)

3. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

No need to make up a list, I am just working on the book "1,000 Places to See Before You Die".

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I might not call it a bucket list. Instead it's a dream wall. On the side of my bed there is a list of everything I would like to do before I die. Go back to France, Germany, and Romania. Live on a boat. Update my security system. Publish a book. Learn Thai boxing. Etc. There are a few that I have marked off as finished, and I always feel pride when they are achieved.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Learn Thai boxing? You really are one tough mama!!! :0)

2. lburmaster profile image83
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Either Thai Boxing or Judo. I haven't decided yet...

3. profile image0

Which country did you favor most...France, Germany or Romania? With your martial arts training in Thai Boxing and Judo, not to mention holding 3 college degrees - you're going to be a force to reckon with at home and abroad. Junior better watch out.

4. lburmaster profile image83

Corbin is hopefully going to go through one of the two. But I'm still trying to figure out how having him around the house will work... My visit to France was the best. But Germany left an impression. And Romania, I want to correct a mistake there.

5. profile image0

Leah...I don't know if I'm pushing maximum density or if I'm a very non-assuming man, but what did you mean by saying "...I'm still trying to figure out how having him (Corbin) around the house will work." O.K., Leah, what did you do to Romania? :0)

6. lburmaster profile image83

I'm trying to decide if I want to be a part-time momma, full-time momma, or let my mother-in-law take care of him. It's going to be entirely different. In Romania, I saw Dracula's castle but I wasn't able to go inside and visit. Unfinished business.

7. profile image0

Leah: I think once you see your baby, a switch will click, and you will become a wonderful mother. Something happened to me the moment I saw my child for the first time. On that day a new human was given to the world and a new "Father" had been born.

8. lburmaster profile image83

That's what I'm hoping for.

9. profile image0

Then it will come to pass. :0)

5. NornsMercy profile image96
    NornsMercyposted 5 years ago

My list is created as I do something cool! So then, at the end, my whole list will be completed and there won't be any unmarked boxes. big_smile

6. Any Other Voice profile image61
    Any Other Voiceposted 5 years ago

Fun fact: "bucket list" is on the banished words list for 2012.

working