jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why do you want to make a resolution to lose weight?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

Why do you want to make a resolution to lose weight?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7489985_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I believe most of us have an ideal weight for ourselves. One that we felt really good at and liked the way we looked in our clothes. A new year also symbolizes a "fresh start". Smokers decide they are going to quit, single people make more of an effort to get out and date, Unhappily married people or those in toxic relationships also strongly consider making a change.
    We don't just see January 1st as being the start of a "new year" we also see it as being an "opportunity" to start a (new life). As human beings we need to have something to "look forward to" or to strive for in order to get through today. One man's opinion! :-)

lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

dashingscoripo,
      It is about a starting a new life insn't it?  I like having something great to look forward to. It makes life exciting.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

3. tussin profile image60
    tussinposted 5 years ago

Because the cat with ribbons told me that if I did not lose weight he would eat me in my sleep and savor the gelatinous fat globules that dripped from my carcass as he roasts it over an open fire...with chestnuts.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

tussin,
      You are so funny. You actually make me laugh out loud.I'm following you now and I'm looking forward to reading your hubs.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

working