jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What drug can be used in water to render someone unconscious?

1. alfredfox profile image78
    alfredfoxposted 5 years ago

What drug can be used in water to render someone unconscious?

I am writing a novel and I need to find a substance that you can put in a glass of water for somebody to drink that will render them unconscious. The substance needs to take effect after around 10 to 25 minutes. have no taste and no visual presence. Any ideas?

2. heatherleex profile image61
    heatherleexposted 5 years ago

Well... maybe anti-anxiety medication, a somewhat high dosage.  It happened in the season 8 finale of Dexter.  Not sure how long it took to work, though.

alfredfoxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you heatherleex i will look into it

3. tksabresinos profile image62
    tksabresinosposted 5 years ago

I got this from wiki not sure if this novel involves rape, but I'm sure this is would knock someone unconscious if it was under date rape drug.

Rohypnol is manufactured by Hoffman-La Roche. It is sold in tablet form in clear bubble packaging, with the tablets inscribed on one side with the word "Roche." It has no taste or smell. Originally the tablets were manufactured only in white and, if dissolved in liquid, did not affect its colour. But once it became known that Rohypnol was being used to facilitate rape, Hoffman-La Roche began manufacturing an additional version coated in a hard green shell to inhibit dissolution, and containing a strong blue dye.

alfredfoxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you tksabresinos, the character in the book doesn't get raped but this could still work and I might use it and the rest of the information that you have given me, maybe it will help contribute to the awareness of the drug. Thank you again!

4. docashp profile image55
    docashpposted 7 months ago

You can use any imaginary drug name rather than propagating information which might be used in a inappropriate manner.
    Hope your novel is work of fiction.Best of luck for the novel.

working