Can fungus on the skin also be in the blood and body fluids?

1. profile image50
    karenR4posted 5 years ago

Can fungus on the skin also be in the blood and body fluids?

I've been dating a man for over 3 years, he has fungus on his back. I often wondered if it could be in his blood and body fluids like semen and if it may be harmful for me. I seem to have a what feels like swollen tounge after oral. He indicated that he had been told by a doctor that he has a condition with his scrotum which would require surgery. He mentioned that there's overage or problems with to much in him and he does have very large testicals, which I've never seen any as big as his. Is this a risk factor to me, can this be somewhat sexually transmitted, or before he did do hard drugs.

2. xanzacow profile image72
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

A fungal infection can spread, and if not treated the person can become septic, meaning it has gone to the bloodstream. more often than not, though, the area will become affected or gangrenous first. I would find out more about the "condition" with his scrotum. Arm yourself with the details of his ailments and past and then visit your own doctor and discuss your concerns. This will give you the knowledge that you need to move forward or move on.

3. mddoc profile image70
    mddocposted 5 years ago

Fungal infection on skin surface are called tinea and one on back is called tinea corporis. Mostly the fungal infections of this sort will be itchy and red pale pink looking. Other fungal infection on back can be pitriasis alba, which clinically looks different from tinea group of fungus. Tinea of scrotum is clinically called T. Cruris. They are dermatophytic fungi and yes they can spread superficially following multiple close contacts. The fungus that can spread as STD and infects perineal region is most commonly Candida of different types. Larger scrotal size is most likely not due to fungal infection. That should be followed up by the urologist and most commonly these are idiopathic hydroceles, which do not carry any risk of STD. So therefore, STD-Yes for fungal infection and STD-No for hydrocele.