jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

What makes you want to lose weight right now?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

What makes you want to lose weight right now?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7577820_f260.jpg

2. Top Health Spot profile image65
    Top Health Spotposted 5 years ago

I have found that drinking 2 cups of strong brewed green tea really makes me lose weight

lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Top Health Spot,
      I do drink green tea, but now I'm going to drink more at one sitting and make it stronger. Thanks.
      Lisa

3. Spongy0llama profile image90
    Spongy0llamaposted 5 years ago

A combination of health and aesthetics. Diabetes runs in my family and I want to make sure I have no more than the average amount of visceral fat. Now that I have almost achieved that (visceral fat burns off before the fat that you can grab and see) I am now focused on continuing the elimination of unhealthy high fat and sugar foods from my diet and maintaining a regular exercise routine that includes both cardio and weight training.

These two kinds of exercise in conjunction are the key to not only losing weight, but keeping it off too. I was overweight as a teenager. Now that I am in my early 20s, I want to completely eliminate this legacy from my waistline and move on with my life.

SpongyOllama,
      You're so mature for being in your 20's. I agree that the cardio/weight combo is the best to lose and to maintain weight loss. I'm just getting back into weight lifting right now. I love it. It's great.
      Lisa

4. mikielikie profile image67
    mikielikieposted 5 years ago

My newly discovered manboobs. I just realized that I have 'em 'cause I rode a bike down a bumpy road today at work and felt a little more "bouncy" in my chest area than I used to.

mikielikie,
      Well that's an honest answer. I going to find one spot that I know needs work and start there. It seems like a good idea to have something really important to motivate you.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

5. Queen of Cups profile image60
    Queen of Cupsposted 5 years ago

The desire to care for the physical body that carries my soul around.
    If I can obtain balance in this physical world, I can obtain spiritual balance, and from there the prime balance between both worlds.
    Inner and outer peace can bring me one more step toward serving the world.
    "One cannot help the world if they first cannot help themselves."

Queen of Cups,
      You tied everything together so well. It does make sense to hear that the body is what allows everything else to flourish in life. Thank you for your profound answer.
      Lisa

2. Queen of Cups profile image60
      Queen of Cupsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're very welcome!

6. DeboraBrill profile image58
    DeboraBrillposted 4 years ago

Summer is coming and I really want to lose 6-7 winter pounds for the beach season! http://1loseweightfast.com/appetite-suppressant.html

working