jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Have YOU ever tried Reflexology? If so did you find it beneficial?

1. greencha profile image69
    greenchaposted 5 years ago

Have YOU ever tried Reflexology? If so did you find it beneficial?

Have you ever recieved Reflexology?

2. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

Yes, and I love it. It is lovely to have a doctor work on you, but it is really easy to learn from a book.   I started learning reflexology when the doctors couldn't find out why my husband was in such pain.   I got a book from the library and followed the map.  It helped me have compassion for my husband and it helped him sleep.

3. Coyoterainmaker profile image60
    Coyoterainmakerposted 5 years ago

Reflexology is the reason I'm here now on this page and doing what I'm doing!
    Many years ago my four year old daughter and I had a bout of sickness and diarrhoea which lasted a couple of days.
    My partner picked up the same illness but for some reason was unable to shake it off. After a few days she began to suffer symptoms of weight loss and de hydration.
    The GP was called and simply gave her Gaviscon with another medicine which for some reason disagreed with her causing a poisoning effect which meant the (reluctant) GP had to come out again at night.
    He decided to keep a check on her for a while with fortnightly visits but said often that he could find nothing a miss, until eventually he half accussed her of being neurotic. We left the practice. But the ill ness continued for another two months, absolutely changing my partners character from onbe of bouncy optimism to depression.
    It was on a holiday that we saw a sign for reflexology and decided to try the therapy. After three or four visits the practitioner asked my partner about the possibility of "Irritable bowel disease."
    "I've never had it" replied my partner and was gently asked to see a GP with the possibility of the diagnosis.
    It turned out she had been suffering all the time, but GP's hadn't researched the illness in her case.
    She was so taken with the therapy that she studied a one year course and passed with top marks.
    In the mean time I had been suffering sinus problems for over ten years and been given a variety of nasal sprays to clear the "drowning effect" of the problem. It has destroyed my ability to smell most things. However after three treatments from my partner (which I have to say were amongst the most painful experiences I've ever known) my sinuses were clear and I've never used a spray since.
    Is Reflexology beneficial? To my mind there is no doubt.

1. greencha profile image69
      greenchaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks coyoterainmaker very interesting. I raised the question as I am a q'lified Reflexologist and studied it for two years.And found evry client benefited in some way.The least it can do is reduce stress,which of c'rse can be a trigger fr many ills

working