Have you had a lumpectomy? What was your experience like?

1. celeste inscribed profile image88
    celeste inscribedposted 5 years ago

Have you had a lumpectomy? What was your experience like?

I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer and had my lumpectomy done yesterday. I was wondering if there were any other hubbers out there with experiences to share. What did your Doctor tell you about the odds, the healing process and the procedure?

2. profile image0
    cartondamageposted 5 years ago

I am a breast cancer survivor of 18 years and I remember vividly the fear.  So much has changed since I was diagnosed that I couldn't begin to tell you about today's treatments.  But I can tell you that the scars heal, the fears dissipate, and the odds improve every single day. There are more of us enjoying life as survivors than there are victims.  You will meet incredible people on your healing journey.  I encourage you very strongly to join a support group.  I received some incredible advice from my breast care coordinator: give myself a full year to take care of myself.  It was hard advice to follow, but the more I became aware of her wisdom, the more I healed; inside and out.  Cancer is so scary it gnaws away at our hopes and dreams.  Fight back with the knowledge that legions of us are out here to offer support, encouragement, and proof that we not only survive, we thrive.

1. celeste inscribed profile image88
      celeste inscribedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much. Knowing I am not alone in this struggle is a huge comfort. Great advice

working