jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best food to gain weight and is widely available?

1. purnimamoh1982 profile image80
    purnimamoh1982posted 4 years ago

What is the best food to gain weight and is widely available?

2. petertheknight profile image78
    petertheknightposted 4 years ago

I would say your best choices are stuff like peanut butter, milk, carbohydrates, proteins / meats.  If you want healthier fats for gain try avocado, nuts, potatoes.  Make sure to fill up your fridge with food and eat often and more than you usually do.

3. beingwell profile image65
    beingwellposted 4 years ago

The best food to gain weight? Hmm, lots of food? smile But seriously, eat carbo foods. For a healthy weight gain, one should also exercise. It's not just for people who want to lose weight.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Peanut butter.  Very calorie dense and soooo good.  If you need to gain weight add a hand full of nuts at every meal and as snacks.

5. Hariom Singhal profile image59
    Hariom Singhalposted 4 years ago

Banana is the best to gain weight.Mess in milk and drink or simply eat banana and drink milk.

purnimamoh1982posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot Hariom. Banana may be a handy solution

6. Abby Campbell profile image95
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

A healthy diet is by far most important. With that being said, I would add extra starchy carbohydrates to your diet to gain weight. This may include oats, brown and wild rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, and potatoes. However, I wouldn't just focus on gaining "weight." I would recommend focusing on gaining muscle instead to stay fit, tone, and healthy.

purnimamoh1982posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot maximumfatloss. Your response is comprehensive

working