jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some tips to gain weight?

1. ccornblatt profile image91
    ccornblattposted 5 years ago

What are some tips to gain weight?

2. phriot profile image83
    phriotposted 5 years ago

A while back, I read about this acronym that makes sense to me: GOMAD - Gallon of Milk a Day.   Milk contains a good mix of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, so if you combine that kind of intake with good exercise, such as lifting free weights, you'll definitely put on some weight.

3. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Sit around playing vid games and watching the telly, at the same time stuff yourself silly with burgers and other junk food.

4. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

My freshman year in college I studied until 10pm, ate a tunafish hoagie and Dr. Pepper, and went to bed.  Porked up 15lbs in no time!  Snacking after supper is another surefire way to add pounds...not good ones, though.

5. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

I wish I had that problem! My mom was told to eat bananas so she could pass the 100# weight minimum to enter the Navy, but I don't think I could eat enough bananas to gain weight - if I wanted to! In hospitalized patients and those recovering from illness and cancer patients we usually recommend milkshakes. I think pasta is pretty good at packing on the weight too.

working