jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What do find are the biggest challenges to eating "healthy"?

1. Sharicey profile image61
    Shariceyposted 4 years ago

What do find are the biggest challenges to eating "healthy"?

I say healthy in quotes because I think that eating healthy differs from person to person. I think we all have our own personal health goals or medical restrictions that help define what is healthy to us. Your answer can either be in relation to your own challenges you face or a general opinion on what challenges you think the average person faces in regards to eating "healthy".

2. BraidedZero profile image92
    BraidedZeroposted 4 years ago

I'm a very healthy person. I eat "healthy" food, non refined foods, only. And I think the most difficult part of doing that is said in one word: sugar. I love and miss sugar so much! Sometimes you have to treat yourself, and I definitely treat myself, but in moderation.

1. Sharicey profile image61
      Shariceyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I can really relate to that. I find that deprivation is just unnecessary and counter productive. Being able to indulge every once and a while is ok. Thanks for sharing!

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Challenges?  The fact that I was born with a nasty horrible sweet tooth that keeps me wanting sugar just about every minute of every day.  Like BraidedZero, sometimes you just have to have it.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

My sweet tooth. And temptation is everywhere. Those combined are a horrible combination. Usually, I can remain away but when the holiday's come around.... I stock pile.

5. Get Thin for Good profile image72
    Get Thin for Goodposted 4 years ago

Research finds that 4 out of 5 adults follow a diet which needs improvement. The same research says that these adults also know what they should be eating to be healthy, but they don't.

I would say that the biggest hindrance is habit. And since most people don't enjoy change in their lives, it's a mission to change the eating habits which cause obesity or illness/disease.

For me, I suffered with food addiction and overeating for years. It was caused by finding fulfillment in food, but then became a habit which was exceptionally difficult to break.

Something helpful for others who suffer from this habit: find fulfillment in something else (like God), and break the habit. Just go through a bit of initial "pain" and just do it. Get more help from my hub about how the food addict should think about food, and also check out The Get Thin for Good online weight loss program targeted at food addicts - the program is based on the answers I found in my journey to freedom.

working