jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you rather be right, or would you rather be happy?

1. toknowinfo profile image89
    toknowinfoposted 5 years ago

Would you rather be right, or would you rather be happy?

2. Relationshipc profile image89
    Relationshipcposted 5 years ago

I would rather be happy - all the way. I learned a long time ago that being right is not it is all cracked up to be, and as I watch people like my parents...who are 'right fighters'...I can see that they are constantly upset with people for no good reason. Very sad life.

3. RichardSpeaks profile image80
    RichardSpeaksposted 5 years ago

Happiness, like enlightenment, is a choice. And being right? Let the facts speak for themselves. I choose happiness in every moment. When I miss the mark, I simply choose again.

4. Good Guy profile image87
    Good Guyposted 5 years ago

Depends on the situation.  If the issue is not important, then just be happy and don't insist on being right.  In the end, being happy is being healthy.  If one is not happy for long period, one is prone to get sick.  No point affecting one's health.  One still can maintain one's opinion without having to argue.

5. fastfreta profile image80
    fastfretaposted 5 years ago

Happiness is the thing that most of us strive for all our lives, through various and sundry means.  Although being right has it's place, but it doesn't surpass happiness by any means. I said all that to say, happiness all the way.

6. hauntedpillows profile image61
    hauntedpillowsposted 5 years ago

I don't know why these things need to be mutually exclusive. I think for a lot of us being right makes us happier. But I suppose you're talking about a difficult situation like, "I think I have cancer." In which case I don't know who would be so stubborn to prefer to be right in that scenario.

working