jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best form of Selfishness?

1. Goodpal profile image89
    Goodpalposted 4 years ago

What is the best form of Selfishness?

In general terms selfishness is defined as things we do only for ourselves, ignoring others (not sharing) or as overly self-centered. But it can also be used for good purpose.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7915153_f260.jpg

2. Mark Johann profile image57
    Mark Johannposted 4 years ago

Selfishness in a sense of taking care of yourself is good but treat fair with other people.

If you don't think the feeling of other people, then you are selfish.

Goodpalposted 4 years agoin reply to this

One can certainly take care of oneself, and not harm anyone else. This is better than hurting others to satisfy own interest.

3. thegecko profile image80
    thegeckoposted 4 years ago

Anything you do for yourself that inadvertently helps others as well.

As long as there is feeling of compassion for others, there will always be a win-win situation where everyone gains.

4. IDONO profile image79
    IDONOposted 4 years ago

When you put 100% into making yourself a better person, all around you benefit. When you clean your car, everyone enjoys the ride a little more, don't they? Same with life.

What a healthy attitude you have IDONO! I am really impressed and wish you inspire others to follow your footsteps. I am sure you are a wonderful human being with a golden heart with compassion for all. Glad to meet you..

2. IDONO profile image79
      IDONOposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Goodpal-  As a recovering alcoholic, no one understands this question better than me. The population equal to that of a small country is benefiting from my paying attention to myself and staying sober. Thanks.

working