jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many months does menstrual cycle comes back after giving birth?

1. contentfad profile image62
    contentfadposted 4 years ago

How many months does menstrual cycle comes back after giving birth?

2. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 4 years ago

I guess this varies dependent on the person.  For me the longer I breast feed the longer it took for some women it is 5 months or less.
    But not having your cycle and being sexually active can be dangerous as you can become pregnant.

3. Marie Flint profile image91
    Marie Flintposted 4 years ago

I agree with BlessedP--it's definitely going to vary from person to person. It has been over twenty years since giving birth, so my recollection may be a little hazed.  I did breast feed, and it seems it was at least three months before any flow resumed. I hope this helps.

4. anniebetty profile image60
    anniebettyposted 4 years ago

I have had three children and breastfed all of them for about 13-14 months.  After I started giving them any solid food, my cycle started up not long after that.

If memory serves, they were all about six months old when they started any real sort of solid food ... solid food to the degree that they were breastfeeding less.  They had had some cereal but nothing significant.  So by 7-8 months, my cycle had kicked back in.

A caution:  I was pregnant with my second when my first was nine months old.  She started solids at about six months ... shortly after that my cycle resumed, and WHAM!  :-)  A blessing, but keep it in mind.

working