Who has a strategy for weaning an 11 month old?

1. RealestMotherDear profile image81
    RealestMotherDearposted 4 years ago

Who has a strategy for weaning an 11 month old?

I am desperate and tired. Does anyone have a method of helping a baby let go and let God? My daughter is not having it. I am a human pacifier! Please, any humane advice would be appreciated.

2. Annsalo profile image85
    Annsaloposted 4 years ago

While the ideal situation would be baby lead weaning sometimes that simply isn't an option for mom. There are a few things you can do. First is there someone else at home who can take baby for a couple hours a day while you leave? If so have the other person watch her during one of the times she would normally nurse. With you and your scent out of the house it will help her accept something else. You can have the other person do this at the same time for a couple days theayn increase that to two times a day. After about 4 or 5 days of this you should be able to come back in and offer the bottle at those times. The night time feedings should go last.
    Another option is to increase food intake. Offer more foods at the times she would normally nurse. If she isn't hungry it will make her a little less apt to nurse. At a year old she can have almost all foods and so long as she has the majority of her teeth.
    Whatever you do don't go cold turkey. It isn't healthy for you or her. In the perfect weaning situation only one feeding would be stopped per 5-7 days.
    Remember that when you are feeling like a human pacifier that she loves you and you are bringing her so much comfort.

working