exercise and eating right is always the best way to go...I would also suggest laying off the white sugary carbs.
Nothing compares to diet and exercise. Even walking is great, especially for seniors. Try to avoid food high is carbs. Stay away from soft drinks. Drink a lot of water - it makes you feel full and when you sit down to eat you won't consume as much.
One of the best things i have learned about dieting was buying a diabetic cookbook and following the diet plan. It really isn't so much about what you eat, but how much you consume.
find something you enjoy for exercise & have fun! there is a better chance of sticking to it if you think about it as fun time, either spent with your kids, unwinding from the day, or just enjoying your favorite TV show as you walk the tredmill. Also drink lots of water & make health conscious food choices. I don't personally believe in fad diets, not for long term at least. I think in "most" cases...not all, but most,....individuals fail because they are trying to completely alter their lives by counting points, avoid carbs at all costs, or drink a cocktail of who knows what to flush their bodies. Just stay active & try to eat as many food groups each day without overdoing it. I read once that to lose weight it is 70% of what you eat & 30% exercise....which makes me want to run far away from the ice cream!
1. Strength Training - it increases your resting metabolism
2. Smart Diet - must not only be healthy, but sustainable
3. Consistency - Staying fit and healthy is a long term commitment
4. Accept the Lifestyle - There is a certain lifestyle or set of priorities that fit/healthy people have - such as dedicated 30 - 60 minutes a day to exercise or thinking about what they eat.
I personally like to follow "comprehensive programs" to keep me on my toes. This year I have tried Power 90, P90X, Insanity. Power 90 is definitely for people trying to create a foundation of fitness and the other two are for people looking to improve their current level of fitness. I the best results with P90X, but Insanity "felt" like a tougher program (both were great fun).
5 Simple items every day, every hour, you stick with it!
2. Resistance training - muscles
3. Flexibility and stretching
4. Cardiovascular training - endurance
Commit to wanting to BE fit and healthy
Watch how much you eat
Exercise daily at least 20 minutes
and don't let up it takes time and dedication to stay fit and healthy
Eating sensibly and exercise is the only way to stay fit and healthy.
Make a lifestyle change! Diets don't work, neither do fad fitness programs. I think the best way for someone to change a lifestyle is the following:
1. Sign up for a short race (10K run or Sprint distance triathlon) 3-4 months out. This gives you a goal and something on the calendar!
2. Find a local running club or triathlon club and start training with them. It's easier to stay fit and healthy, when you're around like-minded people. Having trouble finding a group? Go to the local running or bike store and ask them...they will know.
3. Do the race no matter what! You'll never be as ready as you want to be.
4. Repeat steps 1-3.
I believe it can all be simplified into the Beachbody tagline - "Decide, Commit, Succeed"!
Honestly, you don't have to do a lot. There's just a few things I would say that would help you
1. Try to cut down on sodas and sugar - this is easier than you would think, just drink water and sports drinks and say no to candies and chocolates (not to say you can't have them any more)
2. Eat somewhat healthy - everyone usually eats enough grains, so just worry about getting a few fruits and vegetables each day
3. Exercise 1-2 times a week, depending on how hard you work out. If you want different exercises that don't require any weights, I wrote a few Hubs about it if you want to check it out.
If you plan on losing weight, then cardio and swimming is your best bet (along with healthy eating).
But you do need your fats. My trainer used to tell me that I get one cheat day - one day of the week to eat a bowl of ice-cream, a box of sweets, etc.
It is not too difficult, you just have to treat it as a game. I always see how much candy I can refuse before I take some. It makes it a lot easier for me to eat healthy
by PhoenixV20 months ago
What Exercise Is The Best To Stay Fit?
by pie_0777 years ago
how can i stay fit when not on a diet???
by Devika Primić3 years ago
How do you keep fit and healthy?To stay fit and healthy you have to pay attention to an active lifestyle with healthy eating. What have you tried to keep in shape and eat correctly everyday?
by Rishikesh Lokapure3 years ago
Some say exercise, others say diet - What is your formula to stay fit??
by JDeAngelis6 years ago
What is an easy exercise to do to stay fit?I don't have much time and want to exercise. I'm building a daily routine and need to know if push-ups, sit-ups or squats are best.
by DimeStar807089 years ago
1.Eat the proper foods, such as low calories food , and fruits 2.Walk to 2 to 3 miles 3 times a week3.Drink energy drinks that contain some protiens 4.Strecth before you work out 5.Swim to get your body...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.