jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What's your biggest barrier to exercise?

1. CyclingFitness profile image95
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

What's your biggest barrier to exercise?

What stops you exercising?

2. Renee Abbott profile image84
    Renee Abbottposted 4 years ago

Living on Hub, and the rain. I like to use the swimming pool to exercise. I do try to get out at 4 pm, but Florida has been raining around that time.  I am considering changing my exercise time or create an alternative time during the day.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Remembering that I'm happy the way I am. The only reason for exercise is to help my heart and live longer. Otherwise, I see no reason to exercise.

4. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 4 years ago

Tomorrow is my biggest barrier, every time I plan to start exercising, I think in my mind why not start tomorrow, luckily I found a good way to stick to my workout plan.
    So right now no more tomorrows when I can just do it today smile

5. WalterPoon profile image79
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Just one simple word, and that word is "laziness". All else are justifications.

6. Neinahpets profile image87
    Neinahpetsposted 4 years ago

I get stressed and it affects me emotionally.. in turn I want to sit and eat or just sulk -- or stress the situation and try to spend my time figuring an  answer out.

There are other points as well:

Gaming (easy to lose hours at this!)
    Family obligations
    Work obgliations

...but in the end, it's all excuses.  Anyone can take 30-60 minutes a day to better their health, they just need the will.  Sometimes it takes finding their "why" when it comes to achieving a healthy lifestyle, but when they get it, those barriers become smaller and smaller.