jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How to reduce our sleep but stay full of energy?

1. jabelufiroz profile image72
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

How to reduce our sleep but stay full of energy?

2. barbat79 profile image74
    barbat79posted 4 years ago

Carbs in the am with some (not too much) coffee.  Light meals only, almost snack like and can be frequent.  One main full meal and then sleep.  To get to less sleep need one also needs to become active physically and in good /decent physical shape.  Working on this is a process.  smile.  Endurance runners, endurance workers. (my 9-8:30 pm days seem like a marathon and then become easier)

3. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6736016_f260.jpg

Proteins, with a good fat will give you energy, and stay with you longer. The b complex vitamins are the source for energy. Best to take in the morning, as they can cause a rebound, and make you lose sleep.
    http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/The-B … ust-Stress
    Simple carbs, and sugar will give a boost, but later cause fatigue, and an insulin spike. Carbs are best eaten later in the day, if fatigue seems to be a problem.
    Sleep is needed to maintain health, I do not recommend cutting back on rest. As a lack of sleep will eventually catch up to you, and become more prone to illness. 6-8 hours a night is an adequate amount for most, some require more up to ten. Mainly for children, and adolescents, as they are still growing. Hope this helps.

1. barbat79 profile image74
      barbat79posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Interesting and informative. I agree with # of hours needed, however for my person I found the proteins other than bean proteins made me sleepy , so I reserve those for night.  Fish was ok for day.  But light meals only and more frequent.

2. artist101 profile image70
      artist101posted 4 years agoin reply to this

An inability to utilize proteins is a b6 deficiency. Other recommendations can include nuts, and seeds. My personal favorites are pecans, and almonds. As well as avocados, an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Omegas may also be taken for energ

3. barbat79 profile image74
      barbat79posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Question for any/all:  How do you feel/think about vitamin supplements?  Do you feel they can help?

4. artist101 profile image70
      artist101posted 4 years agoin reply to this

barbat79, you should ask that question in the Question forum. A good question.

4. carolynkaye profile image97
    carolynkayeposted 4 years ago

The first thing is to take really good care of yourself by eating a very healthy diet with lots of fresh veggies, fruits, lean proteins, whole grains and keeping hydrated (water -- not sodas, juices or sugary energy drinks). Avoid greasy, rich, fattening junk foods or anything that makes you feel lethargic. I'd also limit caffeine to one normal size serving of coffee or tea in the a.m. so you don't have trouble falling asleep once you go to bed. The biggest thing, in my opinion, is reducing stress. Stress is a HUGE energy drain, so if you find ways to reduce the stress, deal with it and eliminate any major stressors, I think it's possible to get by with less sleep than usual and still have a good energy level throughout the day.

5. hulah cagen profile image61
    hulah cagenposted 4 years ago

I do think we need adequate sleep to stay healthy. On a short term basis, I do use a lullaby (yes that's right a lullaby smile). If for just a power snooze or when on flights or just short on hours and to stay refreshed and energized, I have found this to be very effective. You could drop by if you like at http://hulahcagen.hubpages.com/hub/How- … -A-Lullaby  to read about it. At the same time its a great stress buster.

working