jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you avoid anger when people take advantage of others?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

How do you avoid anger when people take advantage of others?

2. Haseena Firdousia profile image71
    Haseena Firdousiaposted 4 years ago

People with anger control problems (ACP) often quickly react in aggressive ways when they feel insulted, wronged, or injured, especially when they think they are being treated unfairly. People struggling with this problems often blow up or explode at others. They are also quick to blame other people for their problems, without examining the role they might be playing in the situation.

Everyone gets angry sometimes. This is normal, and sometimes it’s even necessary and helpful. If a person is being hurt, it might be beneficial to that person’s health and survival to get angry and tell the other person to stop. In other, less threatening situations, some people try to communicate and find compromises, some try to think of nonthreatening responses, and others try to distance themselves from the situation before reacting.

However, people with ACP often react in a way that is more intense and aggressive than what is needed in the situation. Some of them physically hurt others or themselves. Some take their frustrations out on objects by punching walls or kicking garbage cans. Others argue aggressively. They call others insulting names, give dirty looks, make threatening gestures, or even hold all their anger inside and stew in their own hostility, perhaps while plotting how to take revenge.

When someone is struggling with ACP, it’s readily noticed. The person gets angry very easily, frequently, and with great intensity and may remain angry for as long as an entire day. For example, a man with ACP might get angry with other drivers on the road and yell at them for driving in ways that he thinks are stupid or insulting. He might even display acts of road rage by following other drivers and cutting them off in retaliation. A woman with ACP might get into frequent arguments with store clerks and scream at them for not treating her the way she thinks she deserves to be treated. Another person might frequently yell at coworkers or employees for doing things that he or she thinks are dumb.

http://www.newharbinger.com/psychsolve/ … ol-problem

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Because there is no point in becoming angry about it. Taking advantage of others happens numerous times every day. There is not much you can do to stop it unless you are in law enforcement or educate the public of what is occuring. Why give yourself unnessessary stress?

4. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 4 years ago

You don't. I've gotten in trouble at work for defending the underdog. I don't care. Wrong is wrong. I cannot stand by and see someone humiliated. I'll say something to the higher ups, even if it gets me blacklisted. I can't help it. Frankly, I'm glad I have this stubborn streak.