jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)

If you could enquire into one subject to its deepest means, what would it be?

1. Emanate Presence profile image76
    Emanate Presenceposted 4 years ago

If you could enquire into one subject to its deepest means, what would it be?

2. WalterPoon profile image80
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

If there's one subject that I could inquire to its deepest means, it would be the relationship of man (in his physical existence) to the entire soul world. That would explain the existence of God and his apparent indifference to those who stoop at nothing to pursue their own selfish interest in this world.

Notwithstanding, I think I may already have the answer in Buddha's teachings in which he said that God (or gods) can only guide us to do good but have no power to dictate what we do nor to forgive our wrongdoings, contrary to the teachings of the Abrahamic religions. In short, God is just another soul (albeit a highly exalted one) in the soul world  who still has to comply with the law of karma.

Emanate Presenceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The relationship of man to the soul world is a complex subject indeed. Thanks for writing.

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

It would be and is God-realisation or Self-Discovery in the true sense of the terms. A state of complete, ceaseless and inseparable oneness with one's true Self or inner nature. Indeed I am practising this right now. It is my understanding through faith, as well as the wise men and women who came before me, that ultimately, everything else is useless, except the one reality which some call God or Truth.

So that's a start. My ultimate goal is total or unconditional surrender to the Will of the Supreme. I wish to be at the point where I can say, 'Let Thy Will be done in and through me'
    "O Lord, if you want my efforts to be successful, then I am happy. If You do not want this action to succeed, if You want me to learn something important by experiencing failure while giving the experience of success to someone else, then I am equally happy.  ‘My only wish is that Thy Will be done in and through me.”

Ultimate surrender would be the 'deepest means' to take my quest, and then to experience it with an evolving or self-transcendent Reality would be an essential and infinite dream. Finally, I would wish to reveal and manifest it in the world in which I live without which, I feel that the highest form of love or abiding satisfaction would be incomplete.

Beautiful, Manatita. I appreciate your expression of devotion. Thank you for responding.

4. Laura Schneider profile image91
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

Egypt. I would especially like to learn how to read hieroglyphics (I can only recognize a few now). I have always been fascinated with Egypt, and I toured it in 2008 with a great group of similar-minded Egypt-addicts who are still mostly in touch with each other on a daily or weekly basis--we're a big strange family. I'm also especially interested in the Temple of Hatshepsut, which is only partially excavated but gorgeous and of a very different style than other Egyptian monuments, though fitting for one of Egypt's few female Pharaohs.

Good to see you again, Laura. And it is fun to read about this aspect of you and your interests. Also informative, as I had not heard of  the Temple of Hatshepsut or female Pharoahs. Do you feel you've had lifetimes in Egypt?

2. Laura Schneider profile image91
      Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi, E.P.! No, I don't think I had past lives or will have future ones, but I get as much out of this life as I can. I'm interested in the Incas and their form of communications, too (knotted ropes on a stick). Peru's lofty Machu Pichu is on my list.

5. lemmyC profile image80
    lemmyCposted 4 years ago

For me is simply this - knowledge of God an His will for me in Christ Jesus. For Him who said let us create man in our own image has a purpose for my life. In Christ Jesus I see real God and real man. But for me to really understand the import of this great and wonderful relationship which He ordained from the beginning I need to know Him who created me and formed me in His image. For me this is my entire duty as His creation. In the Epistle of John, Jesus said, "This is eternal life that they may know you the only true God and Jesus Christ the one you sent to the earth. For me the natural man to be complete I really need to have the nature of the spiritual man to be one whole person. This understanding will enable me to be who He want me to be and to also keep His commandments and so enable me to reap the benefits of the life that He had ordained for me form the beginning of time (Psalm 1).

Thank you for sharing your dedication to the knowledge of God and His will for you in Christ Jesus. Do you have a preferred version of the Bible that you go to for inspiration and instruction?

6. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 4 years ago

I think I would inquire into the way the brain and human body works to a level where (assuming I assimilated the information immediately) I could know how to vastly improve the brain functions in order to learn and memorize everything, read books in seconds, find a way to live longer, etc.  This is a different kind of answer than the other ones, but I believe that with this new ability, the other answers could be found as well.

Yes, it is different, and as each answer has its own perspective and nuances it reveals something about us, our perceptions and existence. I do not know what it shows - that is one thing I like to enquire into myself.

2. profile image0
      Ben Blackwellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ah, interesting.

7. B. Leekley profile image89
    B. Leekleyposted 4 years ago

When I was 9 years old, I wondered, "Why am I me, in this particular head that I can knock on with my knuckles?", and that question about the mystery of existence, consciousness, and identity has perplexed me ever since. I'm fine with being me, but why can't I experience also being in other bodies and being more than one me at once. And I wonder what I am doing here and what anything is doing here in the universe that my perceptions experience and what it is doing here, and I wonder where and what here is, and I wonder do other people wonder, too.

1. Laura Schneider profile image91
      Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, others wonder, too (at least I do). I wonder, for example, if when I see the color "red", for example, it is the same as the color others see. I wonder why people are so similar and yet so different. You are not alone in your questions.

2. Emanate Presence profile image76

We would have been good philosophical friends at 9 yrs. My 1st prose asked, 'Why do i have a border, why do my molecules not blend with the air, Why is there always me and it?...'   Hub, 'Attuned to the Rhythm of Nature.'

You've a hub on it, B.?

8. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I think simply the meaning of life is what we are all seeking, so mine would be self-knowledge, because to understand anything I think we have to know/understand our own essence. (beyond personality, ego etc)

Some like Frankl say we search for meaning, Others say we seek a feeling of aliveness. I also feel it is essential to know ourselves, as the Oracle of Delphi, Shakespeare, Gibran & others have expressed. Definitely beyond ego & personality. T

9. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8129956_f260.jpg

Your questions are both interesting and contemplative in nature. The most significant area I contemplate/think deeply about is the nature or mechanics of the connection of our world and after-life or if you will, with the spiritual world.
    Contrary to some I do believe the spiritual world can assist us and I believe it does most significantly (perhaps through coincidences and suffering); yet this connection is poorly understood and it seems nonexistent to most. Thus, I constantly think about this connection and how it operates. Yet indeed, I am a lost soul sort of speak to this understanding...

Yes, what really is the spiritual world, the subtle realm, the unseen, does it have levels, is it populated with beings, what is our relationship to it, what are the possibilities that could open when we are more fully aware & have understanding?

2. connorj profile image77
      connorjposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great! Now I have more questions to contemplate. You remind me of that one professor I had who made us think and answer so much...

working