jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What is tunnel vision?

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 4 years ago

What is tunnel vision?

Is this a permanent condition or does it go away, what do you to stop it and are there special glasses for this?

2. Que Scout profile image78
    Que Scoutposted 4 years ago

Hi Diane

If a person suffers from tunnel vision they can see things directly in front of them, but for things further to the left or right, they need to turn their head to see.

Tunnel vision is a lot like looking through a paper towel tube. It can make it difficult when driving a car.

Sometimes people say a person has tunnel vision when that person looks a life straight ahead but do not look at other issues.

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
      Diane Woodsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Excellent comment am trying to find out  if it causes headaches or can be cured or not!! TY TY TY

2. Que Scout profile image78
      Que Scoutposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I looked further.
      Glasses can be worn but they evolve using a "prism" in the corner of the eye wear, and do not help much. Some forms of tunnel vision are curable. Headaches are a symptom of TVision rather than the cause. Sorry my 1st A was light.

3. Diane Woodson profile image61
      Diane Woodsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am now wondering if tunnel vision is the reason for migraine with aura whcih I have experienced for a number of years. Thank you for y
      our generous and well thought out replies to this question Que.

working