jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

If you could do anything for the earth, what would it be?

1. Emanate Presence profile image77
    Emanate Presenceposted 4 years ago

If you could do anything for the earth, what would it be?

On a basis that anything is possible, what one thing would you do for the earth before your final exit from the body?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8169821_f260.jpg

2. skperdon profile image86
    skperdonposted 4 years ago

get rid the pollution that damaging the ozone

Emanate Presenceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Right. Where would you begin?

A super vacuum cleaner? More technology that brings more complications?

How about raising awareness so people, when they are ready, can choose to makes changes in their lifestyle so less pollution is generated?

3. OMGirdle profile image81
    OMGirdleposted 4 years ago

I would get rid of buying water and encourage more people to use filters to make sure they have clean water. The bottled water industry is not responsible for the many empty bottles which litter our rivers, lakes and landfills. People don't know what to do with them or refuse to do the right thing in recycling. Many establishments don't even have a recycle bin for their plastic waste. I just feel we all need to explore the use of filters (either being attached to the faucet, embedded into a special pitcher or some other alternative).

In Germany, we bought a super water filter system which requires no electricity. It was not cheap, but the water is superb. Tastes more like water than bottled spring water. It feels a better solution all around. Mauna Wai I think is the name.

4. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 4 years ago

I would like to help rid the earth of hateful people. People who are selfish and love money above all else. I would like to help rid the earth of leaders and the hateful people who support these leaders, while at the same time calling themselves Christians. There are too many of these people who parade around acting holier than thou, these creatures who are actually "wolves, pretending to be sheep," while killing the poor. That would be my little contribution to humanity.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

Hmmm. Get rid of hateful people. How would you get rid of them?

Why did they become hateful?

How could we as society reduce the production of hateful people and assist those who don't want to be hateful to grow into their fuller potential?

5. Good Guy profile image88
    Good Guyposted 4 years ago

I will do nothing.  Leave the world in its natural state and mankind will have less problem.

When was the last time the earth was in a natural state?

Before the industrial age?

Before human over-population?

Is leaving it alone turning our backs on self-responsibility for the current unnatural state?

6. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Eliminate ego so that everyone could regain spiritual consciousness (everlasting life).

All wars would end, immediately. All selfishness would cease. Everyone would be loving and generous. And no one would be so attached to their human bodies anymore.

But ego is a false self created by each individual. Neither I nor God can take away what one has chosen to cloak themselves with.

1. Dantex460 profile image59
      Dantex460posted 4 years agoin reply to this

In evolution, ego is the reason you and I exist.
      If it wasn't for our distance relatives wanting to carry on their legacy we would not be born.

2. Emanate Presence profile image77

Exploring - 1st define ego for common understanding. Then, what does 'you and I' mean in this context.

D, I am not my body, which from a biological view exists by an act of ego.

Can ego be outgrown rather than eliminated? For this do we exist?

working