jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever came upon an emergency (like a car crash) and let a stranger die i

1. BuffaloGal1960 profile image73
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

Have you ever came upon an emergency (like a car crash) and let a stranger die in your arms?

How did you comfort them?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Wow, this brought back memories.  Yes.  It's happened to me.  A truck in front of me rolled off of the side of a highway down over an embankment.  I pulled over and ran down a steep hill.  The driver and the only passenger were thrown out of the truck.  I had to find them through the smoke, debris and thick brush that plagued the area.  It smelled of roofing tar.  I finally found one man (who was the driver).  The driver was laying on his back, broken bones, it was awful.  He was bleeding.  There were paper towels nearby so I grabbed those and had him squeeze on to them.  He was suffering so badly.  I prayed over him and he died. 

The passenger (the driver's brother) had been thrown on top of a hill and he rolled down.  There was a chemical from the trunk in his eyes and covering his clothing.  He was screaming in agony.  He had no idea what was going on.  I kept talking to him telling him help was coming.

I had to testify at a deposition years later.  The driver was a minister.  His family was relieved that I prayed over him before he died.  The brother was severally disabled from the accident.  I've always kept him in my thoughts and would have loved to see him again just to see him well.  At the deposition, I learned he had become extremely depressed.  I offered to meet with him if he ever wanted to meet me.

1. innerspin profile image92
      innerspinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Bless you for the help you gave.

3. BuffaloGal1960 profile image73
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

Wow. What a courageous story and a courageous person you are!  Thanks for sharing. I hope you meet with the brother one day and you have an awesome reunion!  Again, thanks for sharing.

1. CraftytotheCore profile image83
      CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I meant to say there was a chemical in the "truck" not trunk.  Thank you!  I've never stopped thinking about them.  I think meeting the brother would provide me (and him) with some closure.  It was very traumatic.

working