Anyone have any experience with endometriosis?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Anyone have any experience with endometriosis?

I was diagnosed with it this week and wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I had never heard of it before. Anyone else here have it or know someone who has?

2. jjackson786 profile image94
    jjackson786posted 4 years ago

My sister has endometriosis pretty badly, to the point at which her gynecologist told her that she would never be able to have a child. It seems to be a fairly common condition for women, but there are effective treatments available for those who might need them. I personally have no experience with it, but from what little I do know about it, it depends on the severity of the endometriosis. She has pretty terrible symptoms every now and again- especially during that special time of the month- but again I believe that the severity depends on how much it has developed.

Best of luck to you!

3. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 4 years ago

Peeples: I had endometriosis when I was 29 years old.  I had it for a long time before it caught up with me.  I believe it was because I had an IUD inserted after my daughter was born 7 years prior.  I blame the IUD for the problem, although I can't prove it.

By the time I knew I had it, I was in such bad shape I had to be admitted to the hospital right from the doctor's office.  I had a total hysterectomy - they took my uterus and all ovaries - even my appendix!

The good news is that endometriosis is NOT cancer!  It can be taken care of.  Mine had gotten to the point where my uterus was filled with cysts, as well as my ovaries.  I took a hormone for several years after. 

I am sure your doctor will monitor you - I know women who have it and have not had surgery.  I hope this helps.  Blessings, Sparklea smile

working