jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Department of Health UK: Stop the advertisement of Alcohol & Tobacco Products!

1. JoshuaMark profile image58
    JoshuaMarkposted 4 years ago

Department of Health UK: Stop the advertisement of Alcohol & Tobacco Products!

You should support this petition because the youngsters of today are being encouraged constantly to drink alcohol and to smoke despite the endless campaigning from the NHS & The Department of Health. It's about time that something is done to stop Alcohol and Tobacco being advertised in the media, whether it be on TV, Radio or on the Internet.

If something isn't done to stop our youngsters being encouraged to drink then the NHS will face an even bigger crisis with the amount of binge drinkers being taken into A&E after a night out at the pubs!

2. Wacky Mummy profile image61
    Wacky Mummyposted 4 years ago

While I get your point, I think it is far more important to teach children to drink responsibly. As a child I was occasionally allowed to try alcohol, and as a result I have only binged maybe 2 or 3 times since I turned 18, and now at 25 I'm pretty much teetotal with the occasional tipple. I've also smoked in the past, but don't now and it was only ever socially in the first place.

People need to be trusted more to make their own decisions. Everywhere we turn we are constantly told that we must do this, or that, or the other, is it any wonder our children then rebel against the system? The problem is, that they aren't been given the tools to properly deal the choices they are making which leads to situations like we are experiencing, where hardly anyone takes responsibility for their actions.

3. erorantes profile image52
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

Drinking beverage with alcohol some times make people loose control, and they end in jail. Smoking is  bad for your lungs. Everything with moderation is good.

4. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 4 years ago

What about your profile picture, "grand theft auto."? Don't you think you are encouraging people to check out this game where you murder, steal, and destroy other people's property? Just saying......