jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How many people take Valerian ?

1. debfrench profile image60
    debfrenchposted 4 years ago

How many people take Valerian ?

what do  you take Valerian and how long have you been taking it for? Also how much do you take? when is the best time to take it?

2. Sue Adams profile image97
    Sue Adamsposted 4 years ago

I was introduced to Valerian by my mother years ago when I broke up with my first boyfriend and couldn't stop crying for 2 weeks. It definitely helped. Now I always have it in the house for emergencies, when anyone gets upset or when there is a crisis of some sort to calm nerves.

A few drops in some water works straight away. Never need more than one potion. I sometimes chew the root or dried bits when I get the butterflies about anything.

Someone said that Valerian is a mild form of Valium? Is that so? Are the 2 related?

3. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 4 years ago

I never liked it...  Plus, you have to take big doses for it to work on people that really have a hard time going to sleep and, what I disliked the most, is the fact that it builds up in your system.  You should read about it more, if you are wondering about the doses and how certain compounds of this substance builds up in your liver, etc.  I wouldn't recommend it for long term use...

1. debfrench profile image60
      debfrenchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your help. I took 3 last night.I. didn't sleep good last night. And dreaming. I will go back on a Herb call Relax And sleep.. It helped me sleep