This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Can you have a nervous breakdown and not even know it?

1. minagil profile image61
    minagilposted 4 years ago

Can you have a nervous breakdown and not even know it?

I would like to write a hub about nervous breakdowns because I think I had one and didn't even know it.  Can you have a nervous breakdown and not even know that you did?  I can tell you all the story in the hub Im going to write but I need a good topic for it.  Help me out y'all!

2. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image85
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

Well, at least as far as my experience with this, there was no way I could not know it had happened. I had a nervous breakdown when I was 13. There have been only a few times in my life when I reached such a depth of despair! But even more so, it completely debilitated me: I lost an incredible amount of weight because I could not eat. There were many days when I could not get dressed or even get out of bed. I didn't want to go places, even if it was to do something fun. I think it took about four months before I really started to recover.

This, at any rate, was my unfortunate experience. I imagine it can be different for other people.

1. minagil profile image61
      minagilposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have been experiencing some of these things that you mentioned and even more.  Like for instance besides the weight loss and not being able to eat, I can't sleep at night, I have been mensing for the last three months, Im forgetting things.

2. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image85
      LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, insomnia is a real problem with it all too sad

3. minagil profile image61
      minagilposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Im forgetting things, things that I should remember like where are my keys, or what's my phone number?  I'm just feeling like I am living someone else's life and not my own! And I guess it just never dawned on me that I had a nervous breakdown.

working