jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would drinking large amounts of regular, unsweet iced tea cause an increase in b

1. Tom Vogler profile image82
    Tom Voglerposted 4 years ago

Would drinking large amounts of regular, unsweet iced tea cause an increase in blood sugar?

(Large meaning 1 to 1.5 quarts per day)

2. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

i don' think so. Water helps to flush out all the toxins in our body. It shouldn't increase the blood sugar. Ice tea, i am not sure

3. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I don't believe tea would cause an increase in blood sugar, unless it was sweetened.  In fact, recently, at my last doctor's appointment, my doctor told me to cut out coffee all together.  I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

I cut coffee out completely. I used to drink coffee without sugar too.

But now I drink tea, cold or hot.  However, with hot tea I do add flavored cream which has sugar in it.

Then there is pearl tea.  I love that stuff, but that might have some sugar in it.  I'm not sure.

Regular tea though without any sugar wouldn't increase blood sugar that I know of.

4. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

Possibly, but only if it's caffeinated tea.  And, over the course of the day, it isn't too likely.  If you're concerned, switch to decaf tea.  Large amounts of caffeine, while not necessarily raising blood sugar, can keep it slightly elevated over a period of time.

smile

working