jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you know how to grow taller after puberty ?

1. profile image52
    growtallposted 4 years ago

Do you know how to grow taller after puberty ?

2. Jlbowden profile image89
    Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago

I was thinking that you could use an old fashioned stretch rack.  But for people like me who are 6'5  Why would you want to grow taller after puberty?

3. profile image0
    Vickiwposted 4 years ago

I had a little smile at this. Are you serious? Then I remembered my grandson used to ask the same question. But he started growing, and is now 6'3"! It just happened! Tall isn't a magic ingredient though, to be successful or liked or to do wonderful things in life. It's what you do and how you do your very best with what you have that really counts!

4. Author Cheryl profile image87
    Author Cherylposted 4 years ago

I really see no way of growing taller once you reach 18.  Why would you want to know this?

5. Lwelch profile image93
    Lwelchposted 4 years ago

After you stop growing, the only way to become taller is to enter 0 gravity.  Gravity smooshes us and makes us shorter.  If you measure an astronaut after a few days in space, he or she would be taller.

6. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

My husband and my grandson both got taller after 20. My husband was 6' 8" when I married him at age 22. I don't think he got taller after 22.  My grandson is 21 and at least an inch taller since I saw him last.  He's 6' 5" the last I knew. 

I can tell you to stand straight to avoid losing the height you have. Forty years later my husband has shrunk 4".  It could be aging I suppose, but he has done a lot of slouching over the years.

I guess you could wear higher heels.  Height mostly is inherited I think.  If you got tall family members you can expect to grow taller as well, but you may not get that gene.  My son is 6'2", not quite as tall as his dad.  It skipped over him.