jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

What scares you?

1. Gypsy Scribe profile image89
    Gypsy Scribeposted 4 years ago

What scares you?

What is the one thing that just terrifies you beyond comprehension?

2. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Spiders, Centipedes, Snakes, Death, Clowns, "the unknown," Scorpions.

Gypsy Scribeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think the "unknown" is what scares most people. Just like the question if there is life after death. I guess we want to live forever. LOL

3. cschantz profile image59
    cschantzposted 4 years ago

My mom! I don't like when she gets mad, not only do I feel bad, but she can be scary

I was that way with my father, but not in a comical reference kind of way. I tried to avoid him if I could. Especially when he got home from work. That was when he was the crankiest!

4. Gypsy Scribe profile image89
    Gypsy Scribeposted 4 years ago

I'm a little claustrophobic, but my worst fear is suffocating; be it drowning or a pillow over the face. If I can not breathe I go into a frenzy!!!

5. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 4 years ago

I'm really scared of cockroaches. I know they can't hurt me but i have this irrational fear of them, they are just too gross. I really freak out and scream when I see one.

I'm grossed out by maggots. UGH! You know, in my EMT days, we had a little girl in the ambulance waiting for the chopper to arrive and she was ALLERGIC to roaches. That was a new one to all of us!

6. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

There are things that people are highly scared of.  It may be death, being fired from a job, snakes or other things.  Each person, w/few exceptions, is INTENSELY scared of one thing or another. read more

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This hub is a response to the request. Please read and be free to leave comments.

2. Gypsy Scribe profile image89

Alrighty. Thanks for sharing!

3. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Quite welcome indeed.

7. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 4 years ago

Watching my kids play near (20 ft or less) the street when a car goes by...I have at times nearly gotten sick thinking about it going off the road at them. Now they aren't toddlers (10,13,16 boys) and my street is no expressway, just a neighborhood 25 mph zone...rather standard, but nonetheless my skin crawls. No reason why. I've never been run over, seen anyone run over or ran over anyone...just one of those things.

I also hate flying but that's not unusual.

I understand where you're coming from! My son-in-law gave my 11 yr old step daughter a slow ride on his motorcycle. He went nice and easy and just down the street; much like yours. But nonetheless, I threw a fit over it!

8. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

What scares me is how this whole country is being methed to death. It's killing our kids ruining their minds and destroying families.

Gypsy Scribeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree. It's gotten out of control; some areas more than others. And it doesn't take much to turn in your innocent neighbor, either. I'd have to add to this, and I'm not saying they're all bad, but the bad cop is becoming the norm. sad

working