jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is there a famous quote or philosophy that you try to live by to better yourself

1. Charlu profile image81
    Charluposted 4 years ago

Is there a famous quote or philosophy that you try to live by to better yourself, if so what is it?

2. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

I can't remember the gentleman's name who said it, but he said, "You can't cheat death, but you can make the Bastard work for it."  This quote just inspires to keep going, until the very end, and never giving up on anything, especially that which is most important.

Charluposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I love it and it is very appropriate for a situation I am in right now. I appreciate it!

3. profile image56
    tbHistorianposted 4 years ago

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'.  Erma Bombeck

I would hope that I could say the same smile  Thank you

4. Alphadogg16 profile image90
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Absolutely, my motto is "You keep doing what you have always done, you get what you have always got"..

Makes perfect sense!

5. Julia Xavier profile image60
    Julia Xavierposted 4 years ago

I saw it in a movie a while ago... Based on the context of the situation, an old man told a girl:

"So, little Amelie, your bones aren't made of glass. You can take life's knocks."
    (It sounds even prettier in Portuguese).

I think it has a special meaning in so many ways.

I like that and have never heard it before. Thanks

working