jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Low Carb Breads and Pastas?

1. LCDWriter profile image95
    LCDWriterposted 4 years ago

Low Carb Breads and Pastas?

I am trying to reduce carbs in order to lose weight. I understand that limiting my bread and pasta intake is key. But if you are trying to satisfy a craving and still not get completely off track, I know that there are better choices.  What kinds of breads have less carbs?   What types of pasta have less carbs?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image91
    Just Ask Susanposted 4 years ago

When I'm low carbing it I make bread with almond meal flour. I also have quite a few recipes that are low carb. Pasta I tend to stay away from while low carb dieting but I do make spaghetti with spaghetti squash. I also do not eat potatoes when I'm low carbing it. I can send you all the links to recipes that I enjoy making if you like. Just let me know here or send me a message through my profile page. Habee has a lot of great low carb recipes too. http://habee.hubpages.com/
    Rice is another thing I do not eat while on a lower carb diet.
    I find this is the best diet I've ever tried. I feel energized and way better when I'm following a low carb diet.

1. LCDWriter profile image95
      LCDWriterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Just Ask Susan.  I'm finding that I feel better too.  I have been doing low carb since August and slowly losing weight but I wasn't as strict over the holidays as I should have been so I'm trying to get back on track.

2. Just Ask Susan profile image91
      Just Ask Susanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I too went off the wagon so to speak at Christmastime. Hard not too smile

3. DDE profile image28
    DDEposted 4 years ago

If you want to lose weight avoid all white starches and be active to solve your cravings eat whole wheat breads or biscuits.

working