jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are the 10 things which makes fame, power, and influence very empowering to

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What are the 10 things which makes fame, power, and influence very empowering to the human

consciousness and psyche?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8692981_f260.jpg

2. Lee Lee 513 profile image61
    Lee Lee 513posted 4 years ago

I've answered about three of your posts now and I must say, you have me very curious. Are you religious or non-religious?
    This one I can't answer because if I could be anything in the, I would want to be like Jesus. I can live without fame, money and power but not God. smile

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There's NOTHING WRONG with being accomplished, having FAME, POWER, and MONEY.  Being rich is glorious.  Being famous is glorious and so is being POWERFUL.  It is good to own and be in charge and NOTICED!

2. Lee Lee 513 profile image61
      Lee Lee 513posted 4 years agoin reply to this

If it's used to better man, than I agree.

3. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Finances
    Education knowledge
    Communication
    Social Lives
    Lifestyles
    Dressing
    Leaders
    Personality
    Confidence
    self-esteem

4. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

Godliness. The God-man does not seek this, but it comes anyway because of his/her exemplary life. Look at Mandela or Mohammed Ali or more importantly, look at the life of Christ or Buddha. Millions of followers have given their lives for them and built stupors, temples and churches in their honour.

For them greatness is no match for goodness, but greatness comes anyway because of humanity's need for the values of which they stood. Precisely the reason that we love children. For their purity, simplicity, honesty, sense of oneness ... throw in compassion and forgiveness, although perhaps the child is too young to comprehend this.

Fame, power and influence, not handled properly, lead to the aggrandisement of Ego, greed, self-love, vanity and insecurity, which are all counselled to be avoided, both in the lives of the Christian and Eastern saints alike. Without inner purity and dispassion, it is almost impossible to safely tread this path.

working