jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is having sex with a unknown person bad ?

1. profile image53
    Tridip Boroposted 4 years ago

Is having sex with a unknown person bad ?

2. erorantes profile image53
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

Yes it is. You need to have a report on the person. At least , you need to have some rereferences. You need to have his telephone number. You need to know if he works.

1. profile image53
      Tridip Boroposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your view .

3. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I wouldn't do it, as 1. I am happily married and 2. if I were single, I'd have to know the person well beforehand and have a true affection for them. But I imagine for others in general, it depends on the circumstances leading up to the encounter. If say, it were an arranged marriage or part of an ancient religious rite, I would not deem it necessarily bad and leave it entirely to the persons involved to judge.

1. profile image53
      Tridip Boroposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are right .

4. DeepThought258238 profile image71
    DeepThought258238posted 4 years ago

God's word has good insight on that question, the scriptures state very plainly in 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8 - "For this is the will of God, that you should be holy and abstain from sexual immorality. Each one of you should know how to control his own body...not with greedy, uncontrolled sexual passion..because Jehovah (God) exacts punishment for all these things...So, then, the man who disregards this is disregarding not man, but God.." The standard set for sexual relations were not made by men but by our Creator and it is for our benefit. It helps us to avoid the many headaches that come out of practicing sexual immorality. For example unwanted pregnancies, sexually transmitted diseases, trust issues in a relationship, and broken families just to name a few. The most important thing it helps us to avoid is God's disapproval. There fore if we are practicing sexual immorality it would be wise to stop.

Would you like to learn more about this or other topics of interest like when will suffering ever end? Visit www.jw.org

working