jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How often do you remember your dream?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image71
    BlissfulWriterposted 4 years ago

How often do you remember your dream?

Everybody dreams, each and every night.  And can be dreaming several times a night.  However, many people can not remember their dream or recall ever dreaming.   How often can you recall your dream?  Every day, once a week, once a month?   Does dream recall change with age?  Do you have better dream recall when younger?

2. mgeorge1050 profile image79
    mgeorge1050posted 4 years ago

I only recall my dreams about once a week.   When I was a kid it seems like I could remember what I dreamed every night.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I'd say I remember one or two a month. For me, remembering depends on how intense the dream is while I'm having it. Whether it's a nightmare or about something I've had on my mind, some are so vivid and seem so real they stick in my mind long after I wake up.

4. Mary McShane profile image79
    Mary McShaneposted 4 years ago

Every morning when I wake up, I record my dreams in a book. I've been doing this for over 50 years. My twin sister does it too. We were part of a research project when we were in our teens investigating whether twins had similar dreams.  We were trained to remember our dream content and to record it upon waking. More often than not, my twin has had similar dreams. We compare notes once a week on Saturday mornings. Anything we share on Saturday about our dream topics and details - if one of us dreams it during the following week, we note it but it doesn't count - we chalk it up to suggestion from our Saturday talks.

Does it change with age?  Yes, we have become expert in remembering since we have been recording and following this protocol.

1. BlissfulWriter profile image71
      BlissfulWriterposted 3 years agoin reply to this

that's interesting

5. luvtoowrite profile image44
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

Some people choose to remember them, I choose to forget. I haven't remembered a dream in over two months.

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 3 years ago

Not as often as I used to. Usually if I do remember a dream from the night before, I analyze it. Not using the Freud or Jungian perspectives, of course. More of an individual perspective. My dreams usually express some turmoil or problem that I am having in my life at that time and show me a different perspective of looking at it. There have been a few times that analyzing my dreams have solved problems. A few inventors and scientists have done this as well to come up with new ideas.

working