jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Why do we dream? Will it have effect on our Health? Do we remember our dreams wh

1. sangamkr profile image55
    sangamkrposted 3 years ago

Why do we dream? Will it have effect on our Health? Do we remember our dreams when we woke up?

I dream a lot. I remember my dreams after I wake up. Some times I get a bad head ache while dreaming.

2. TJSMITH profile image77
    TJSMITHposted 3 years ago

It is my understanding from school but I am not looking this up to verify but we all must enter REM sleep (rapid eye movement) every night.  You get folks that state, I don't dream but you do but you do not remember the dreams.  Going into REM is a cycle the body goes through to process chemicals within the mind.  Not being a whiz kid or any medical student by far, REM in my view is like restarting your computer (body) in safe mode.

1. sangamkr profile image55
      sangamkrposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are true when you said that REM is like restarting your own computer in safe mode. But dreaming is still a mystery to me. I always want to know whether we can organize our dreams and get pleasant dreams. If so how?

2. TJSMITH profile image77
      TJSMITHposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I know about lucid dreaming and it has actually worked for me, when you realized you are dreaming you can control the outcome of a dream.  Even since when I was a child into adulthood if I became aware I was dreaming, I could change the outcome..rare

working