jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can your eyes (not the lids) get sunburn?

1. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 4 years ago

Can your eyes (not the lids) get sunburn?

Can you damage your retinas from a sunburn?

2. Erin Trefz profile image83
    Erin Trefzposted 3 years ago

Yes, you can damage your eyes from the sun.  It is the same as your skin as it accumulates over time.  I wear sunglasses that say they have UV protection.  They are not any more expensive and very easy to find. 

I also try to put sunglasses on my kids so they do not have damage.  I also put hats on my kids as much as possible. If I am going to be in the sun for an extended period of time, I wear a hat that covers my face. 

Staying in the shade as much as possible is a good way to protect all of your body from the effects of the sun.  We need some sun for our body, but be sure to get it in moderation.

3. jaydawg808 profile image88
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

You can definitely damage your eyes from the sun. Your eyes can get sunburned, most definitely.  It's important to wear the correct sunglasses as well as wearing a hat which can also reduce the potential of sunburn on the eyes.

4. hari87 profile image78
    hari87posted 2 years ago

Definitely. Our eyes are very vulnerable and subjected to sunburn. It can cloud your vision. Without proper sun protection, it can severely damage your eyes. Try to avoid further sun exposure.

working