jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What thing do you do frequently or daily to help preserve or promote your physic

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago

What thing do you do frequently or daily to help preserve or promote your physical health?

Do you exercise, take supplements, eat certain foods or something else?

2. profile image68
    markcrosbyposted 3 years ago

I go for long walks and/or hiking trips when the weather is accommodating.  I also take a one daily for men supplement vitamin.

3. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I do not eat meat, use oil and alway eat 5 to6 fruits and vegetables a day. I eat a lot of soy and use no dairy products, lots of almond milk.

4. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

I walk every day. When I'm working I walk in the evenings and love the roosting time when the birds are going home. I cover anything from 2 to 4 miles.
    At the weekends I can walk up to 15/20 miles depending on the energy. I try to walk up and down if possible, which challenges the muscles and gets the heart beating faster and harder. Very important.

5. Foodeee profile image78
    Foodeeeposted 3 years ago

Not much. My philosophy is die young and make a pretty corpse.

6. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 3 years ago

Take a multivitamin, eat my husband's cooking (it's always extremely flavorful, but healthy and balanced), run or bike with the dog at least an hour a day (he's a Catahoula, I can't get away with less), and play rowdy games with the kids in the yard or at the park smile. I go to yoga twice a week as well, and *try* to get in for weight lifting once a week.

7. enjoy life profile image77
    enjoy lifeposted 3 years ago

I've gone through different phases. I used to do weights a lot, but don't get to do that anymore. I also used to swim competitively.

These days I try to eat healthy, although am not obsessive and will have naughty food days. I do like my chocolate!

As for exercise, I enjoy walking. I like walking the dogs. My car is also currently broken, so I'm doing a lot more walking and actually enjoying it.

I used to take a lot of supplements, however I stopped that due to being suspicious that they caused me some other health problems.

8. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image84
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 3 years ago

Instead of doing anything, it is better to know your body i.e., what and how much it needs. I am a strict master of my body. The body needs rest, sweat, fatigue, feed, sleep etc., in right proportion. Avoid the taste and greed of body, eat raw, go for fasting and never pamper it. You are healthy and strong, if you are  hard with it, and the soft treatment spoils it.

9. mikejhca profile image92
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

I exercise and relax to preserve my good health. I also eat a wide variety of healthy foods. Regular relaxation and exercise is enough to make me crave healthy foods. I don't need to use a lot of willpower because I do things that I enjoy doing and eat foods I enjoy eating. If I get bored of my routine I change it.

Another thing I do is to eat a lot. People started telling me I eat too much. I am lean and healthy. The people criticizing my eating habits are not. When people give me advice I consider the source.

10. Sustainable Sue profile image99
    Sustainable Sueposted 3 years ago

Hatha yoga. Rather than take yoga classes, I started using this book years ago that taught me three routines to do at home. It really works and my body really misses it when I don't do them for awhile: Richard Hittleman's Yoga, 28 Day Exercise Plan.