What does it mean when u feel light headed during sleep.

1. profile image53
    angellbxxposted 3 years ago

What does it mean when u feel light headed during sleep.

I've recently had dental surgery involving laughing gas to remove four teeth and every time I try to sleep I start feeling light headed and start hearing buzzing noises that get loud than the noise begins to fade But than gets loud again has anyone else experience this? How can I recover from the light headed feeling in my sleep?

2. Maffew James profile image95
    Maffew Jamesposted 3 years ago

Laughing gas depletes vitamin B12, and a deficiency of the vitamin can produce neurological symptoms like psychosis. In people who are already deficient in B12, the use of laughing gas could lead to issues.That could have something to do with it.

Other than that, how have you slept recently? If you haven't been getting much sleep before you had the teeth removed because of the pain, you might be chronically sleep deprived.

Hypnogogia is a state between being awake and asleep where your brain begins to shut down control of your muscles and you begin to lose consciousness. Usually this happens quickly for most people. When you haven't slept properly for a while, you will notice hypnogogia more readily and it can feel like you're suddenly sinking or becoming light headed. You can also hear or see strange things because you're partially asleep and your brain is acting like it's dreaming.

I'd suggest you see your doctor and have your B12 tested and ask for his advice. Barring anything being physically wrong, you might want to turn on a TV or music whilst your falling asleep to distract you from the weird sensations and sounds so that you can sleep better. Once you've had a long restful sleep, that might be all you need for it to stop.

working