jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What does it mean if a man squeezes a woman's hand each time during a handshake?

1. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

What does it mean if a man squeezes a woman's hand each time during a handshake?

He is single and she is married, he  often flirts with her  and squeezes her hand with a smile recently he met a woman who he thinks will marry but he continues to  do behave in this manner, he squeezes the married woman's hand and still flirts with her.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

If he flirts with her it's clear that squeezing her hand is an extension of continuing to flirt with her (secretly) in front others. It's like winking at her but only better because no one around them can see him squeezing her hand an extra second or two. It's their secret.

1. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So true this sounds a secret for sure totally agree thank you for answering here

3. old albion profile image71
    old albionposted 4 years ago

I feel he is insecure and trying to impress the married lady, probably knowing it will not go any further.
    Graham.

1. DDE profile image25

You too have good point here about knowing it will not go any further thank you for answering this question.

4. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 4 years ago

Men usually just have a firmer handshake. A delicate handshake from a man is kind of like a creepy wet noodle.  I've been weight training a lot so I feel like I'm shaking hands with a heavy squeeze more than I used to without even realizing it.  Maybe you're just reading way more into it then need be.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours,
    Rutley

1. DDE profile image25

Happy Holidays to you and thanks for taking part  in this question.

5. ktnptl profile image85
    ktnptlposted 4 years ago

He is giving hint that he likes her and want some sort of relation with her. It is more like flirting and short term relation as he being straight forward. If she likes her hand squeezed by him then she is also replying positively to him.

working