jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Questions About Sleep Habits for Writers

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

Questions About Sleep Habits for Writers

How much sleep do you typically get? Do you sleep wacky hours or do you have a regular sleep schedule? I know that mine are wacky but I always say its cause Im an artist!

2. Budoor profile image60
    Budoorposted 3 years ago

since i work i do have to wake up early everyday but regardless of sleeping i don't sleep at the same time everyday, and whenever i feel tired or need some sleep i can sleep anywhere

3. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 3 years ago

Sleep is a non-existent dream that will soon return back to me when the kids are all grown up and out of the house...I hope.  smile

4. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

I do try and get at least 6 to 7 hours of sleep if I can. I am quite happy if I get 6 hours at least especially if I am working the next day. I go to bed at about 10 or 11pm and get up at about 5:30 am if I am working the next day. The thing is, I tend to carry on computing until late sometimes and it is not good for my health.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I have an unusual sleep schedule right now, but it's more so because of my job than anything else. I prefer to get my work done as soon as I get up in the morning. So, I can't enjoy anything before going to work because I'm dreading going to work. But, since I work on a 2nd shift schedule, my 'morning' doesn't occur until around 2:00pm. I'm convinced that if I didn't have a job, I would get up early every morning and write.

6. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

My sleep is very scheduled. I sleep 11pm to 6am almost all the time. I just recovered from 3 years of having a child who didn't sleep through the night so I am very strict with myself now about making sure I get a decent amount of sleep. I typically write early in the morning right after I get breakfast for the kids and late in the evening after they are all asleep.

7. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Since I'm not a full time writer and have a regular job during the week, I have a set schedule for sleeping, writing, and getting other tasks accomplished. If I could stay at home and write all the time, it would probably vary.

8. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I did not change mine, they are the same as they were before I began writing. I simply stop the writing at the times for sleep, meals, etc. I make sure that I get my usual 8 hours of sleep - unless something else bothers me. Then I correct that.

working