jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you cope with rejection?

1. msdielise profile image62
    msdieliseposted 3 years ago

How do you cope with rejection?

How do you cope with it?

2. dandelionweeds profile image80
    dandelionweedsposted 3 years ago

After replaying in my head numerous times I bring up other times of rejection in my head and dwell on this for a bit, then I pick myself up and I write it all down in my journal and try to let it go.  It can take a lot of angry writing but that's how I get it out. Then I try to think of all the good things about myself and how that person who is rejecting me should be rejected by me.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

I suppose it depends on the type of rejection - I get rejections all the time with writing.  Over time, you develop a thicker skin and the ability to not let that stop you if you want to continue to write.  It does take time though to build yourself up to that. 

If you are talking about rejection of a person, that is obviously more complicated, but I remind myself that we all face rejections and disappointment in life. It isn't because you are a "bad" or "unworthy" person.  Focus instead of what you actually want to draw into your life - the types of people, jobs, whatever it is - and be crystal clear and determined.  If one door closes, go open another one. 

Life is too short to dwell on heartaches for too long.  It's good to grieve or release emotions, but not to get stuck in them.  Feel it, move through it, then let it go and move on doing things along the way to reinforce your own sense of self-worth and purpose.  Everyone faces rejection at some point every single person - so it's not "personal" - it's life.

4. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

If it's rejection from a person, I think the best way is to know that there are plenty of fish in the sea. And more often than not, the person wouldn't have realized our worth and obviously doesn't deserve us. More importantly, we deserve better people than those who think that we are not worthy, after all an insect cannot fathom the beauty of music smile

5. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Have a long list of alternatives. Scratch that one off the list and say "next". Move to the next one on the list immediately without emotion. Don't look back. Whatever you did not get, is not the right one or situation for you. Rejection seen in this light is for your protection. You don't know the hidden facts. So take rejection as a blessing and move on. There is something better for you just ahead. Keep going forward until you get the best.

working